Using gstreamer with Raspberry pi 0
Gstreamer is an application which provides video streams without latency. It can be helpful in streaming video from raspberry pi to windows without latency. It supports all major operating system like Windows,MAC,LINUX. It has support for color and interlaced videos. It works fine if it is set up at both ends like from raspberry pi end and windows end. It helps when you want to stream videos from Raspberry to your computer without latency.
Setting gstreamer on Raspberry
- You need to edit the sources.list file so enter:
sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list
and add the following to the end of the file:
deb http://vontaene.de/raspbian-updates/ . main
Press CTRL+X to save and exit
- Now run an update (which will make use of the line just added):
sudo apt-get update
- Now install gstreamer on Raspberry
sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0
- High performance and low latency
- Maintains quality of service when high CPU load.
- Gstream API's can be accessed through various programming languages.
Through gstreamer you can also stream video from pie to pie. It provides platform to create various applications like video editors, media players etc. After installing gstreamer on raspberry you to have create .sh file . The below picture shows .sh file content. #!/bin/bash tells script to use bash integrator,then you copy script from my videos description. Make sure you make .sh file excutable by editing its properties.
Simmilary you can install gstreamer on windows by downloading its files. and then run to install and then create a .bat file with content from my videos description.
- Run .sh file from Raspberry pie to send video streams and also run .bat file on windows to receive video streams.
The good news is that Latest versions of Raspberry pie comes with gstreamer installed. Hope this helps
- Connecting Raspberry pi 0 using WinSCP
- Bootable SD Card for Raspberry pi 0
- Transferring and Running Linux on i.MX6 using NFS ( tftp)
- Updating Raspbian to Make HubPiWi Blue work
- How to Fix Two Wifi Issue on HubPiWi Blue