Issues and Solutions with HubPiWi Blue
We wanted to list out the issues that HubPiWi Blue users are facing at one central place so that we do not have to write the same thing again. You should be able to resolve most of the issues that you are seeing if you go through these steps. You can always contact us if your issues are not resolved.
1. Did you get your USB port working in 1st place
- Before you do any software update or test Wifi, just hook up the HubPiWi blue to the Raspberry Pi Zero with its stock Raspbian Jessie installed. Just connect any USB mouse or Keyboard to any of the USB Port and it should just. If it does not, there is no point of updating the software. Here are the possible issues if you see issue at this stage
A. The Pins are not aligned correctly. The Pogo Pins should NOT be aligned to the side of the Pi Zero that has 40 Pin Connector but opposite to it that has test Pins aligning with the Pogo Pins.
2. Few users have reported that the USB Port will stop working after the update. We are not sure why this happens, but you can try using a high current 2A Power supply to make sure that the Power Supply is not an issue.
3. Some users have reported that the iwconfig command lists out two devices.
With HubPiWi Blue installed and working, give iwconfig command.
- See that it lists two wifi
What you need to do is to set up the device in non concurrent mode.
Step - 1: Run the following commands in the Linux terminal.
git clone https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bu.git
Step - 2: Find the line that contains EXTRA_CFLAGS += -DCONFIG_CONCURRENT_MODE and insert a # symbol at the beginning of that line. This comments that line and disables concurrent mode.
Step - 3: Now, run the following commands in the same Linux terminal.
sudo make install
sudo modprobe -v 8723bu
For detailed information please see https://github.com/lwfinger/rtl8723bu
"If you want to operate the hardware as a station AND as an access point simultaneously, follow these instructions. This will show two devices when you run the iwconfig command."
This is a section of my reply to one person at kickstarter.
FOllow the following steps
1. Use a fresh SD Card - no updated in the driver. Now install the HubPiWi Blue with the provided screw.
2. Make sure that the Pogo Pins are on the correct side. It should make NOT make contact with the 40 Pin side - but the other side of it.
3. At this point hook a Keyboard or a mouse on one of the USB Ports of the HubPiWi Blue. Make sure it works. If it does not work send me a message and I will send you replacement.
4. If the USB Ports work, you may proceed to install the software for making the Wifi and Bluetooth to work - not that it has no chance to work if you see failure in step 3.
We have just uploaded the file for 16 GB Card - please follow it here http://referencedesigner.com/files/hubpiwiblue_16_gb.zip - Download it and burn on 16 GB SD Card and let us know if it works. The file for 8GB Card is being uploaded shortly.
- Updating Raspbian to Make HubPiWi Blue work
- HubPiWi Blue update
- HubPiWi Blue driver working
- HubPiWi Blue - USB Hub, Wifi and BT for Pi Zero
- HubPiWi Blue update 11/06/2016 - Bluetooth Working